Being involved in a car accident can be a traumatic event. It can also be an overwhelming experience to deal with insurance companies, figuring out who will pay medical bills, property damage, lost time from work, and more. However, there are steps that you can take immediately after an accident to help add value to your case, such as:
- Do not admit fault or agree to pay for anything
- Call the police and make a report
- Exchange personal information and insurance information. Get the other driver’s name, phone number, address, driver’s license number, license plate number, insurance company and policy number
- Take photos of the damage to all cars involved and any visible injuries
- Go to the emergency room for any pain or discomfort you are feeling, even if it seems minor or you think it will go away. Make sure you tell the doctors at the ER all pain and discomfort you are feeling, even if some areas are not as bad as others. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT.
- Call Shammas Law Office so you can get the proper guidance and advice on how to move forward with your injury and property damage claims.